Classification: Exempt / Reports to: President / CEO
The Retail Sales Branch Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the branch network in an efficient, profitable, professional and compliant manner. As a Retail Sales Manager, you will directly manage branch sales and service initiatives, act as a liaison between operations, retail banking, accounting and compliance. The RSM will work closely with the CEO and the COO to launch new product and service initiatives consistent with the strategic plan of the Credit Union. The position takes a large and active role in developing and administering professional development courses, mentoring and coaching branch staff for sales and service excellence, is involved in the hiring and performance review process and provides performance coaching and counseling as needed or directed. The RSM will be responsible for all branch sales and service performance goals/results through strong internal and external individual performance and the management of the branch teams.
The Retail Sales Branch manager position will represent and promote IRCO within the community through participation in credit union sponsored events, philanthropic opportunities and civic events in accordance with the credit unions policies and procedures.
- Develops a culture within the branch in which quality and continuous improvement in all performance accountabilities are understood and utilized by all employees.
- Ensures the team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships.
- Fosters an atmosphere of collaboration across departmental areas to encourage teamwork in order to promote referral opportunities between internal business partners.
- Manages, coaches directs, and motivates each branch team member to promote service excellence and maximize opportunities to broaden member relationships through active listening, anticipating needs, and recommending the most appropriate solution to help our members achieve their goals.
- Responsible for the administration of sales, service, operational efficiency, risk applications, internal control in order to meet Credit Union’s objectives.
- Directs, develops, motivates, and hires branch personnel; administers performance evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Ensure that all branch personnel understands the overall Credit Union objectives as well as their individual departmental objectives and that they work together to achieve those stated. The branch manager must be available to help resolve conflicting objectives and reinforce continuously respectful communication between all departments.
- A proven track record of consumer lending expertise and successful promotion of the consumer loan products is required.
- Ensure that the branch is adequately staffed with properly trained personnel who are fully cross-functional.
- Underwrites consumer loans up to the amount assigned per IRCO policy; reviews and approves underwriting decisions of subordinate personnel.
- Monitor’s branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures that continuous improvement is always a priority.
- Prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
- Cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
- Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established IRCO policies and procedures.
- Ensures all actions performed are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures.
- Schedules resources for two branch locations.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and training, and reviewing IRCO policies and procedures. Keeps informed of updates and upgrades to IRCO’s products and services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to IRCO’s Organizational and Employee Mission Statements.
- College diploma or equivalent work experience, a minimum of six years (with three years of supervisory experience) and/or training in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong people management skills with a track record of developing individuals and the team as a whole.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables and situations where only in most cases standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Performs a broad range of tasks of varying complexity and scope.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing member services. This includes member needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of member satisfaction.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are communicating, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Completes assigned compliance training in a timely manner and demonstrates the ability to apply the training to their duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Also, complete rate, ratio, and percentages, and to create and interpret statistical information and graphs.
- Proficient with a 10 Key Calculator, Keyboarding, Knowledge of Personal Computer and Wide Array of Software Applications.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Maintain licenses according to the Credit Union’s SAFE Act policy and procedure.
- Fulfill IRCO’s compliance in operations and security by adhering to government regulations, IRCO’s policies, and established procedures. Required to attend Bank Secrecy Act training annually.
- Experience with Fiserv Portico is a plus.
- Mortgage and commercial lending knowledge are a plus.
- Must be a positive change agent with a commitment to excellence and exceeding member expectations.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, typewriter, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive coaching.